As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Love Builder Non-Profit Society is striving to create awareness and establish a custom of respecting and caring for seniors amongst the younger generation through our Love Caravan Intergenerational Program. We highly value employment equity. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and we all work towards a warm, friendly, inclusive, and professional working environment. We sincerely welcome all applicants.
In 2021, we are pushing to upgrade our annual Cross-Canada program. We sincerely welcome youth talents to join us for planning a better intergenerational public event across Canada.
As a management team member, the Fundraising Officer plays an essential role in organizing activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other donations for our program. The fundraising officer will also be in charge of designing and producing promotional materials to raise awareness of our organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience in fundraising is a major bonus.
- Proof of formal training (certificates, diplomas, class credits, etc.) in Political Science, Business, Marketing, or Event Planning is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of effective fundraising practices, and the ability to deal with potential sponsors with confidence. Experience with grant applications is an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing strategic and action plans to guide fundraising activities and revenue generation.
- Organizing various fundraising activities for the annual program in order to generate more supporters, broaden corporate support, and coordinate online fundraising initiatives.
- Conducting research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Soliciting donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors. Being the primary point of contact for our annual program’s collaborations and sponsorship opportunities.
- Identifying and suggesting fundraising opportunities. Contributing to bid writing for grant applications. Maintaining the fundraising database and documents
- Raising awareness of our vision and program in the local community and through both social media and the local press.
If interested, please contact