As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Love Builder Non-Profit Society is striving to create awareness and establish a custom of respecting and caring for seniors amongst the younger generation through our Love Caravan Intergenerational Program. We highly value employment equity. Our team members come from diverse background, and we all work towards a warm, friendly, inclusive, and professional working environment. We sincerely welcome all applicants.
In 2021, we are pushing to upgrade our annual Cross-Canada program. We sincerely welcome youth talents to join us for planning a better intergenerational public event across Canada.
As a management team member, the Event Planner plays an essential role in contributing to our regular and annual program success by planning a variety of online and offline events. We believe in perfectly planned and delightfully detailed events. We are looking for a successful, creative, result-oriented, and enthusiastic Event Planner to produce events from conception through to completion.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in planning events (including online events, auctions, public shows, and fundraising events) is a major asset.
- Virtual Event and Meeting Management Certificate (VEMMC) or Certified Virtual Events Planner (CVEP), or proof of other relevant formal training is an asset, but not required.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills to accomplish works within the time limit.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations. Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral).
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating planning and execution of a variety of shows and events as Love Caravan program need. Managing all aspects of event planning to meet the strict deadlines and budget demands.
- Providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations. Researching and studying in order to stay on top of trends and new tools in the virtual event field
If interested, please contact