As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Love Builder Non-Profit Society is striving to create awareness and establish a custom of respecting and caring for seniors amongst the younger generation through our Love Caravan Intergenerational Program. We highly value employment equity. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and we all work towards a warm, friendly, inclusive, and professional working environment. We sincerely welcome all applicants.
In 2021, we are pushing to upgrade our annual Cross-Canada program. We sincerely welcome youth talents to join us for planning a better intergenerational public event across Canada.
As a management team member, the Public Relationship Coordinator plays an essential role in promoting our program over different channels, as well as managing potential partnership and sponsorship.
What We’re Looking For:
- Developed outreaching skills, sponsorship development experience, and established technical writing ability are preferred.
- Proof of formal training (certificates, diplomas, class credits, etc.) in public relations, communication, marketing, or another relevant field; or experience on corporation level is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Confidence when speaking publicly, with an enthusiastic presence on stage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Matching our program with potential compatible sponsors and partners as well as develop and nurture a good relationship.
- Developing, implementing, and managing our public relations strategies, plans and campaigns. This role will be the main point of contact for collaborations, negotiating contracts, managing budgets, and overseeing timelines and deliverables.
- Helping our program connect well with a wide range of stakeholders, such as the younger generation, senior communities, the media and companies, etc
If interested, please contact