Catholic Family Services of Hamilton is a non-profit, multi-service agency providing counseling, case management, education and support to families, couples and individuals living in Hamilton.
We are searching for volunteers for our Golden Years Grocers program which provides a grocery shopping and delivery service for our homebound clients who may not have someone to shop for them or are unable to drive. By providing grocery delivery to their homes, our homebound clients are better able to maintain their health and independence.
- Maintain frequent communication with clients
- Take down the client’s grocery list
- Purchase and deliver groceries to client’s residence
- Maintain accurate records
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math skills (ability to handle money, receipts, gift cards etc.)
- Non-judgmental, caring and empathetic approach
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence and Car Insurance
- Must have a reliable vehicle with room for groceries
- Proficiency in French and/or other languages an asset
We offer paid mileage.
If interested, please apply to the Human Resources Coordinator at