Come out and have some fun with families at the Ronald McDonald House! Campus to Community hosts a weekly Family Games Night at the House where we play board games, do crafts and activities, and put smiles on faces.
Volunteers provide relief for families of children staying at the McMaster Children's Hospital.
For more information please contact Michela Magliocco
All volunteers must have a Criminal Record Check prior to their first shift.
Common Grounds is run in partnership with Wesley Urban Ministries’ Neighbourhood and Newcomer Services program.
Common Grounds student volunteers meet with newcomer Syrian refugees in cafés, engaging them in conversation and companionship. The goal is to help them improve speaking skills and to help them feel a sense of inclusion and connection within their community.
We will be meeting at Wesley every Tuesday from 3:30-5:00pm
Neighbour to Neighbour is hosting a Turkey Drive at Fortinos as part of their Holiday Program. This program provides celebration essentials to over 1,600 families over the course of the first 3 weeks in December.
Within two weeks, the donated turkeys will be delivered to those clients who, because of medial reasons, are unable to come in person to pick up food for their holiday celebration of large families who visit their food bank.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Entrance volunteer: lets customers know as they enter the store that all turkeys donated that day will benefit Neighbour to Neighbour
- Meat department volunteer: answers questions about the turkey drive, Neighrbour to Neighbour, and the Christmas program (information will be provided ahead of time so volunteers are comfortable speaking to customers)
- Check out volunteer: receives the turkey donations from customers and takes the turkeys to the designated refrigerated area
There are two shifts available:
Have you got some extra time to help out on campus?
We are selling popcorn, building can structures, and promoting our 3rd annual Campus to Community Food Drive on campus! Come lend a hand and start making a difference in your community!
Don't have time but still want to contribute?
Bring in a new toy or some non-perishable food items and drop them off in any Student Life office
Join our Campus to Community team of volunteers at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Hamilton Purnell Centre! Help lead fun activities and games for kids aged 6-14.
- Help walk kids to the gym facility at a nearby school
- Execute fun activities and games
- Interact with kids in a positive manner and ensure safety
All volunteers must obtain a Vulnerable Sector Screening. VSS checks can be reimbursed by Campus to Community staff after volunteering with the program for at least 5 hours.