CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
There are so many different ways you can be part of changing children’s lives! Opportunities include (but are not limited to):
-KinderKidz Saturday* (Ages 3-5)
-CityKidz Saturday (Ages 6-12)
-CityYouth Mentor (Ages 13-16)
-First Aid Attendant
Wellness Hamilton is looking for Canadian music for radio content. It should include a brief description of the group as song title, relevance, writers/ players, duration (no longer than 5 minutes), You tube links and website. We are offering a radio airplay + possible interview.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Transportation Volunteer Driver. Reporting to the Transportation Assistant Manager, the Transportation Volunteer Driver, will provide Transportation services to and from various appointments for seniors and individuals with physical mobility difficulties who are unable to use public transportation.
Wellness Hamilton is looking for volunteers for music video editing during their Christmas show.
We are doing a Christmas show that comprises of songs, we need volunteers for:
- Create simple but effective videos for the music.
- Simple Music video for pop song with cool special effects.
The job can be done work from home. Letter of recommendation and possible future part-time job will be available.
Wellness Hamilton is looking for for community musicians and singers for a diverse audience at their Christmas Show.
- Jazz Players- Middle of the road,
- Sax and Horn Players
- Singers: Christmas carols and two simple songs.
Please email an mp3 if you have one.
Availability: Needs to be available for few rehearsals(TBD) AND on November 24, 2019 from 3:30- 9:30 pm
Wellness Hamilton is looking for volunteers for various roles:
- Looking for help in marketing, promotion and press release:Flexible availability
- Looking for CREATIVE, INITIATIVE TAKING student to help with upcoming show.
Managing people, helping with creative ideas, keeping logs and handling calls.
Brainstorming, preparing and manifesting program at night.
Work from home and small meetings.
For this position: Student must be available on November 24, from 2:00-9:30 pm.
Letter of Reference will be available upon request.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Human Resources Assistant Volunteer for the People Service HR department. Reporting to the Client Services Representative - Tier 1, Shared Services, the Human Resources Assistant Volunteer will play a key role in the launch of this new operating model within Human Resources.
• Customer Service: Act as the first line of support for current and prospective Canadian Red Cross Society (CRC) employees in resolving a wide variety of HR inquiries and requests – actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item as defined by service level agreements.
• Recruitment: Effectively support the recruitment process for assigned positions including interviews, reference checks, posting roles, generating offer letters, closing requisitions and troubleshooting any user issues with our current Applicant Tracking System - Taleo.
• On boarding: Coordinate the on boarding packages, complete background checks, and ensure a smooth transition for employees joining the CRC.
• Off boarding: Support the off boarding process including necessary paperwork, exit interviews & ensuring a smooth transition for employees exiting the CRC.
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position are the completion of a college diploma from a recognized institution, with a concentration in Human Resources, Office Administration (or a related field), and/or a minimum of 1-2 years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
Superior customer service & attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong data entry skills, as well as the ability to understand detailed information.
• Proven ability to remain organized, prioritized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while managing time effectively.
• Effective problem solving skills, and the ability to take initiative.
• Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems.
• Experience with administration of online learning software.
• Bilingual (English/French).
• Flexible Schedule, Monday to Friday
• The majority of the work is performed in an office environment.
This position also requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record & reference check.
Application Deadline: October 30,2019
YWCA Hamilton is looking for volunteers to assist them with Good Beginnings program. Good Beginnings is a volunteer assistance program available for mothers in Hamilton and the surrounding area with infants younger than six months of age. The program provides free in-home support for mothers to help them cope with the challenges of having a new baby, and/or for women who are at risk of postpartum depression.
The program involves weekly in-home visits from a trained (female) volunteer who can effectively support mothers for the first six months post-partum. Weekly visits, 2-3hrs plus travel time, flexible schedule (no evenings or weekends)
YWCA Hamilton is looking for volunteers who are available to assist with serving food to seniors at their Thanksgiving & holiday Luncheons. Volunteers can expect to help with setting tables, serving food/tea/coffee and clearing tables at end of meal.
There are two upcoming luncheon dates:
• Thursday October 10 from 12:30-3:15pm
• Saturday December 14 from 12:30-3:15pm
YWCA Hamilton’s street team attends festivals and events in the community to help spread the word about our awesome programs and services.
Volunteers represent YWCA Hamilton at appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, and fairs. You will tell YWCA Hamilton’s story in a way that engages potential clients, donors, or members.
Once volunteers are on the street team roster, they will get a monthly email with upcoming events that they can choose to attend based on their schedule.
Shifts are flexible and include daytime, evening, and weekend opportunities.