Wellness Hamilton is looking for volunteers for music video editing during their Christmas show.
We are doing a Christmas show that comprises of songs, we need volunteers for:
- Create simple but effective videos for the music.
- Simple Music video for pop song with cool special effects.
The job can be done work from home. Letter of recommendation and possible future part-time job will be available.
Wellness Hamilton is looking for for community musicians and singers for a diverse audience at their Christmas Show.
- Jazz Players- Middle of the road,
- Sax and Horn Players
- Singers: Christmas carols and two simple songs.
Please email an mp3 if you have one.
Availability: Needs to be available for few rehearsals(TBD) AND on November 24, 2019 from 3:30- 9:30 pm
Wellness Hamilton is looking for volunteers for various roles:
- Looking for help in marketing, promotion and press release:Flexible availability
- Looking for CREATIVE, INITIATIVE TAKING student to help with upcoming show.
Managing people, helping with creative ideas, keeping logs and handling calls.
Brainstorming, preparing and manifesting program at night.
Work from home and small meetings.
For this position: Student must be available on November 24, from 2:00-9:30 pm.
Letter of Reference will be available upon request.
Looking for ways to give back during Reading Week?
Join our team of Campus to Community volunteers as we paint the community room at Mission Services!
Volunteers will be responsible for helping to prepare the space, paint walls & clean up afterwards.
Transportation from Fennell Campus will be provided.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Human Resources Assistant Volunteer for the People Service HR department. Reporting to the Client Services Representative - Tier 1, Shared Services, the Human Resources Assistant Volunteer will play a key role in the launch of this new operating model within Human Resources.
• Customer Service: Act as the first line of support for current and prospective Canadian Red Cross Society (CRC) employees in resolving a wide variety of HR inquiries and requests – actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item as defined by service level agreements.
• Recruitment: Effectively support the recruitment process for assigned positions including interviews, reference checks, posting roles, generating offer letters, closing requisitions and troubleshooting any user issues with our current Applicant Tracking System - Taleo.
• On boarding: Coordinate the on boarding packages, complete background checks, and ensure a smooth transition for employees joining the CRC.
• Off boarding: Support the off boarding process including necessary paperwork, exit interviews & ensuring a smooth transition for employees exiting the CRC.
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position are the completion of a college diploma from a recognized institution, with a concentration in Human Resources, Office Administration (or a related field), and/or a minimum of 1-2 years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
Superior customer service & attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong data entry skills, as well as the ability to understand detailed information.
• Proven ability to remain organized, prioritized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while managing time effectively.
• Effective problem solving skills, and the ability to take initiative.
• Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems.
• Experience with administration of online learning software.
• Bilingual (English/French).
• Flexible Schedule, Monday to Friday
• The majority of the work is performed in an office environment.
This position also requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record & reference check.
Application Deadline: October 30,2019
YWCA Hamilton is looking for volunteers to assist them with Good Beginnings program. Good Beginnings is a volunteer assistance program available for mothers in Hamilton and the surrounding area with infants younger than six months of age. The program provides free in-home support for mothers to help them cope with the challenges of having a new baby, and/or for women who are at risk of postpartum depression.
The program involves weekly in-home visits from a trained (female) volunteer who can effectively support mothers for the first six months post-partum. Weekly visits, 2-3hrs plus travel time, flexible schedule (no evenings or weekends)
YWCA Hamilton is looking for volunteers to assist them with Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope. This event is helping raise funds for our YWCAencore program. Encore is a FREE gentle exercise program for women who have experienced breast cancer at any time in their lives. The program includes gentle land and water exercises as well as guest presenters on varying topics related to improving your health. Our goal is to provide programming to 30 women annually by raising $15,000 through this fundraising initiative.
We require volunteers in the following roles:
• Manage the YWCA Encore booth in the Vendor tent on Saturday November 2 from 8am to 4pm, giving out information about YWCA Hamilton and Encore
• Cheer on racers at the finish line with signs and cowbells on Saturday November 2, taking pictures of all the Encore/YWCA participants from 10am to 1pm
• General Road2Hope volunteers – a variety of positions are available including registration, food tent, marshals, and information desk. Sign up directly and let me know that you’re volunteering on behalf of YWCA Hamilton.
YWCA Hamilton is looking for volunteers who are available to assist with serving food to seniors at their Thanksgiving & holiday Luncheons. Volunteers can expect to help with setting tables, serving food/tea/coffee and clearing tables at end of meal.
There are two upcoming luncheon dates:
• Thursday October 10 from 12:30-3:15pm
• Saturday December 14 from 12:30-3:15pm
YWCA Hamilton’s street team attends festivals and events in the community to help spread the word about our awesome programs and services.
Volunteers represent YWCA Hamilton at appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, and fairs. You will tell YWCA Hamilton’s story in a way that engages potential clients, donors, or members.
Shifts are flexible and include daytime, evening, and weekend opportunities.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, has volunteer positions available as part of the Communications Volunteer Team. Reporting to the Communications Lead Volunteer, the Public Relations Team Member will volunteer to help promote the Canadian Red Cross and its programs and services through engagement with media and developing content.
Responsibilities could include:
Act as a spokesperson in times of disaster and/or facilitate local media requests (key messaging provided).
Positions the Canadian Red Cross as the charity of choice during fundraising appeals
Research, write and edit stories to promote the work of the Canadian Red Cross at the local level
Supports the Communications Department with media training
Create audio-visual content for use on social media locally and provincially
Support promotion of Red Cross activities through social media
Proactively pitches story ideas to the media to promote Red Cross services and programs
Participates with proactive media pitches locally to garner media coverage for Red Cross in their region
Works with Emergency Management department to gather content during appeals or when profiling local Red Cross volunteers
Performs other duties, as required