Student Life is looking for volunteers to assist with a large sort at Mission Services Food Bank
Responsibilities of Volunteers:
-Welcome and engage with community members waiting for intake at the Good Food Centre.
-Greet clients approaching the food distribution area.
-Assist community members with providing children with appropriate activities.
-Help community members navigate in the Good Food Centre.
-Receive the “shopping list” and retrieve food items accordingly.
-During slow periods, check shelves for expired items and dispose of those that do not comply with food safety standards.
Transportation will be provided to Mission Services from Fennel Campus.
Volunteer Shifts are available for the following dates:
- Monday February 11, 2019 9:00am-12:30pm
- Wednesday February 20, 2019 9:00am-12:30pm
- Wednesday March 13, 2019 9:00am-12:30pm
- Tuesday April 9, 2019 9:00am-12:30pm
Enactus Mohawk is shaping generations of entrepreneurial leaders who are passionate about advancing the economic, social, and environmental health of Canada. Here's why you should join Enactus:
- It is a student led initiative with a variety of positions available
- The schedule is flexible
- You can create positive impact, change the world, and empower our community
We are looking for outgoing, well-spoken students to help us deliver a two-day problem gambling awareness program on campus. Successful candidates will encourage student participation both online through social media and in-person at the Know the Score 2 interactive display. Students must hold a current SIN card that allows them to work on campus. Paid training will be provided.
If you want a fun, short-term earning opportunity on campus and are good at getting the word out, apply below! Share this with friends who may be interested too!
Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for our Idea Bank Campaign!
Brought to you by the Sustainability Initiatives Fund, the Idea Bank Campaign gives students the opportunity to directly contribute to the design and implementation of sustainability on campus.
During the campaign a volunteer’s role is to encourage students to submit creative ideas to introduce new sustainable projects or initiatives on campus. Through various methods of outreach, volunteers will engage students about the campaign, give away swag in exchange for idea submissions and help students understand the importance of sustainability on campus. Each volunteer will be provided with a free t-shirt, must commit to at least five hours of volunteering this semester (shifts are flexible), and must attend a training session.
Mandatory Training Session
When: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019, 5:30-6:30pm
Where: Fennell Campus (room to be announced)
Pizza to be provided!
What: You will learn about sustainability on campus, what the Idea Bank Campaign is and how to get students to submit their sustainable ideas on the spot.
• Opportunities to volunteer at all three campuses
• Volunteers encourage students to submit ideas using laptops
• Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
• 1 hour shifts available
Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for these dates:
• Fennell campus: Wednesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 30, February 6, February 27, March 13
• Stoney Creek campus: Tuesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 29, February 26
• IAHS: Thursdays - January 31 11:00a-1:00p -, February 28
• Volunteers hand out information cards and promotional items around campus
• Raise awareness of the campaign and ways to submit ideas
• 1 hour shifts
Fennell campus - February 4-8, March 11-15
- Cooperatively work alongside the Indigenous Education and Student Services team
- Assist with organization of Indigenous Education and Students Services lounge and implementation Indigenous events and initiatives
- Be involved in culturally supportive programming
- Enhance the Indigenous Students’ experience
Student Life is looking for volunteers to assist with the Mohawk College Walksmart Program.
Walksmart Volunteers promote a safe environment for our campus community by providing safe walks for students, staff and faculty to their cars, bus stop or house in the surrounding area of the campus.
Volunteers must be able to commit to regular shifts per week to ensure consistency in service and to the individuals they walk.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org