Join us Wednesday's from 6:30 - 9pm at Ronald McDonald House, for some fun with families residing at the Ronald McDonald House!
Campus to Community hosts a weekly Family Games Night at the House where we play board games, make crafts and activities, and put smiles on faces.
For more information please contact Allison Lucido
*Please note a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required for this volunteer opportunity*
All volunteers must have a Criminal Record Check prior to their first shift.
Branches of Native Development is an ad hawk community group that coordinates Indigenous cultural events for Urban Indigenous and the broader Hamilton Community. We are currently planning our 22nd annual festival pow wow for June 21-23, 2019.
Providing assistance to the development of First Nations people, through the knowledge of cultural arts by providing a public gallery, assisting with education in all forms of arts to benefit Native Development. To assist First Nations People to grow by providing the basic necessities of life. To provide a public place for development and to further the Cultural and spiritual teachings of First Nations to First Nations People and to the general public. To seek out assistance and maintain partnerships with all levels of government, the community and other aboriginal agencies, -The Branches of Native Development
• Attend 2 pre-event meetings for orientation and delegation.
• Be in attendance for a minimum of 2, 8 hour shifts out of 4 days (June 20, 21,22,23)
• Shifts will run 1:00pm-9:00pm June 20th & 7:00am-3:00pm, 2:00pm-10:00pm June 21, 22, 23.
• Duties/Schedules may be amended as planning progresses
• Volunteers will be set up into crews for: Set up/Tear Down, Dance Arena, Sacred Fire, Festival Grounds/Vendors, Information Tent
Set up/Tear Down
• Report to BOND Committee members Luke Johns & Tony Johnson
• Assist with setting up/taking down tents
• Setting up/taking down tables and chairs
• Assist vendors with their set up and tear down if needed
• Unloading/Loading BOND Festival materials
• Report to BOND Committee member Kristen Johns
• Keep dance area clean of garbage
• Be a runner between dancers & MC to/from BOND Committee
• Make sure water is in good supply
• Alert BOND Committee if there any conflicts or issues
• Assist BOND Committee in setting up give-away
• Report to Bond Committee members Luke & Kristen Johns, as well as our Fire Keeper TBD
• Take direction from the Fire Keeper and assist as directed
• Keep area clean of garbage
• Be a runner between Fire Keeper & BOND Committee
• Make sure the Fire Keeper and his helpers have everything they need; medicines, wood, rest, warmth/cool, shelter, rest etc.
• Make sure the Fire Keeper and his helper are hydrated, caffeinated and fed.
Student Life is looking for volunteers to assist with the Mohawk College Walksmart Program.
Walksmart Volunteers promote a safe environment for our campus community by providing safe walks for students, staff and faculty to their cars, bus stop or house in the surrounding area of the campus.
Volunteers must be able to commit to regular shifts per week to ensure consistency in service and to the individuals they walk.
For more information please contact email@example.com
For 95 years the Hamilton Naturalists' Club has been appreciating, studying and conserving the wild plants and animals of Hamilton. They provide a human voice for our wildlife and natural areas with over 600 members. The Club traces its history to the founding of the Hamilton Bird Protection Society in 1919.
Web Developer needed to revamp our website.