- Nominations: February 25 - March 8
- All Candidates Meeting: March 11, 6:00pm in room G111 (MSA Boardroom)
- Candidate Period: March 16-28
- Voting: March 26-28
- Results: March 29
- Applications for Speaker & Fennell Director close: April 5
If successful, it is approximately 10-20 hours per week commitment.
This year, Accessible Learning Services at Mohawk College is excited to present “Accessibility Awareness Day: Building Understanding, Bridging Communities”. Our goal is to promote awareness of accessibility throughout Mohawk College and the community and to bring communities together to celebrate achievements of individuals with various accessibility needs. The event will be held on Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 from 9:00am-2:00pm.
Volunteers will sign up for 1 of the 3 available shift times and each volunteer shift will have a specific selection of responsibilities that are pulled from the following list:
• Attendance at a mandatory information session (tentatively March 13 at 12:00pm – 1:00pm)
• Handing out popcorn
• Handing out pizza
• Stamp card collecting and explanation of stamp process
• Managing raffle
• Set-up crew to help put up directional/way-finding posters and set up tables
• Greet vendors as they arrive
• Clean-up crew to pull down directional/way-finding posters, clean off tables (tablecloths) and to clean the popcorn machine components after the event
• Handing out lunch to vendors
• Promoting the event throughout campus
• Directing individuals to workshops that are being run during the day
• Helping out vendors in their designated area if a need arises
• Handing out feedback forms
• Helping bring the multi-sensory cart to the event area and returning it after the event
The available shift times are:
Volunteer Shift 1
8:00am – 12:00pm
Volunteer Shift 2
9:00am – 1:00pm
Volunteer Shift 3
11:00am – 3:00pm
Passionate about climate change? Looking to make a difference in your community?
Volunteer to assist The Bay Area Climate Change Summit & Youth Summit from March 25th-29th.
This summit is jointly offered by the Centre for Climate Change Management at Mohawk, The McMaster Centre for Climate Change, the cities of Hamilton and Burlington, and Sustainable Hamilton Burlington.
• March 25th - Evening Launch Party at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington ON
• March 26th-28th - Main Summit at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington ON
• March 29th - Youth Summit at McMaster Innovation Park, Hamilton ON
By volunteering for this summit you will:
• Get free access to the summit on day(s) which you volunteer
• Network with motivated young professionals and like-minded students
• Hear from leading thinkers, activists and climate change experts
• Position added to Co-Curricular Record
Volunteer duties may include:
• Set up
• Tear down
• Event support
Volunteers are required for the following shifts:
March 25th - Evening launch party 6:00pm-9:30pm
March 26th - Day 1: Climate and Economy 7:30am-5:30pm
March 27th - Day 2: Energy and Community 7:30am-5:30pm
March 28th - Day 3: Transportation and Health 7:30am-5:30pm
March 29th - Day 4: Youth Summit 8:00am-5:30pm
Transportation: Provided from Fennell campus, to and from the venue
Lunch: Provided - vegan and vegetarian options present
Mandatory Volunteer Orientation:
Wednesday, March 20th 5:30-6:30pm - Location: Fennell Campus (Room TBD)
March 25-28th – Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington, ON.
March 29th – McMaster Innovation Park, Hamilton, ON.
Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for our Idea Bank Campaign!
Brought to you by the Sustainability Initiatives Fund, the Idea Bank Campaign gives students the opportunity to directly contribute to the design and implementation of sustainability on campus.
During the campaign a volunteer’s role is to encourage students to submit creative ideas to introduce new sustainable projects or initiatives on campus. Through various methods of outreach, volunteers will engage students about the campaign, give away swag in exchange for idea submissions and help students understand the importance of sustainability on campus. Each volunteer will be provided with a free t-shirt, must commit to at least five hours of volunteering this semester (shifts are flexible), and must attend a training session.
Mandatory Training Session
When: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019, 5:30-6:30pm
Where: Fennell Campus (room to be announced)
Pizza to be provided!
What: You will learn about sustainability on campus, what the Idea Bank Campaign is and how to get students to submit their sustainable ideas on the spot.
• Opportunities to volunteer at all three campuses
• Volunteers encourage students to submit ideas using laptops
• Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
• 1 hour shifts available
Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for these dates:
• Fennell campus: Wednesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 30, February 6, February 27, March 13
• Stoney Creek campus: Tuesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 29, February 26
• IAHS: Thursdays - January 31 11:00a-1:00p -, February 28
• Volunteers hand out information cards and promotional items around campus
• Raise awareness of the campaign and ways to submit ideas
• 1 hour shifts
Fennell campus - February 4-8, March 11-15
- Cooperatively work alongside the Indigenous Education and Student Services team
- Assist with organization of Indigenous Education and Students Services lounge and implementation Indigenous events and initiatives
- Be involved in culturally supportive programming
- Enhance the Indigenous Students’ experience