Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for our Idea Bank Campaign!
Brought to you by the Sustainability Initiatives Fund, the Idea Bank Campaign gives students the opportunity to directly contribute to the design and implementation of sustainability on campus.
During the campaign a volunteer’s role is to encourage students to submit creative ideas to introduce new sustainable projects or initiatives on campus. Through various methods of outreach, volunteers will engage students about the campaign, give away swag in exchange for idea submissions and help students understand the importance of sustainability on campus. Each volunteer will be provided with a free t-shirt, must commit to at least five hours of volunteering this semester (shifts are flexible), and must attend a training session.
Mandatory Training Session
When: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019, 5:30-6:30pm
Where: Fennell Campus (room to be announced)
Pizza to be provided!
What: You will learn about sustainability on campus, what the Idea Bank Campaign is and how to get students to submit their sustainable ideas on the spot.
• Opportunities to volunteer at all three campuses
• Volunteers encourage students to submit ideas using laptops
• Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
• 1 hour shifts available
Mohawk Sustainability is looking for volunteers for these dates:
• Fennell campus: Wednesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 30, February 6, February 27, March 13
• Stoney Creek campus: Tuesdays 11:00a-1:00p - January 29, February 26
• IAHS: Thursdays - January 31 11:00a-1:00p -, February 28
• Volunteers hand out information cards and promotional items around campus
• Raise awareness of the campaign and ways to submit ideas
• 1 hour shifts
Fennell campus - February 4-8, March 11-15
Wellness4U and the Canadian Blood Services is looking for volunteers to work with the Canadian Blood Services on February 5, 12, 27, and March 5 from 11-2pm. These promotional booths will be at Fennell campus MCACES Learning Link.
We will also be looking for help on the day of the blood donor drive, March 7th for 1 to 2 hour shifts from 10 to 2pm. The blood donation drive will be held in DBARC gyms 1 and 2.
- Cooperatively work alongside the Indigenous Education and Student Services team
- Assist with organization of Indigenous Education and Students Services lounge and implementation Indigenous events and initiatives
- Be involved in culturally supportive programming
- Enhance the Indigenous Students’ experience