As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Beautify Hamilton is looking for a volunteer Content Writer to join their team! This new nonprofit organization in Hamilton ON has the objective to clean up neglected areas in Hamilton, one garbage bag at a time. They hope that their work can inspire volunteers around the community to join in their efforts towards a cleaner city. As they grow and gain a following, they hope to dive into a variety of avenues that help to beautify Hamilton. From clean parks, to murals and community gardens, they hope that their goal can be achieved together, as a community.
As a Content Writer, you will work with Beautify Hamilton volunteers and Board members to write content for their monthly newsletter and biweekly blog.
- Work collaboratively with Board members and Founder to identify organizational needs
- Assist in building a “Content Strategy” document outlining the themes and content for newsletter and blog posts through to the end of 2021
- Conduct research to identify effective newsletter and blog writing strategies, pulling ideas from successful examples
- Work with Google Drive to keep track of and share developments
- Utilize Squarespace for newsletter and blog post creation
- Attend monthly virtual meetings with key members
- Potential to grow within the role and move to other areas of the organization as needed
Requirements of the role:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong English written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in working with and supporting our mission to make Hamilton a cleaner and more appealing place to live
- Ability to commit 2 hours weekly to duties, in addition to 1-hour monthly meetings
- Personal computer to conduct duties and a reliable Internet connection
- Basic knowledge of Zoom or a willingness to learn in order to participate in meetings.
Are You Ready to Beautify Hamilton?
Please submit a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for this role. Indicate in the subject line that you are interested in joining us as a Content Writer.
Contact Michael van Klaveren at: