As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
The Elevate program is designed to respond to a range of challenges faced by newcomer women, including international students. The program offers digital upskilling and critical support that will help you create more opportunities and reach your career goals.
Program features include:
- G Suite and Cyber Security 101 (digital upskilling)
- Action planning and goal setting
- Networking and personal brand development
- Financial literacy
- Mentoring and networking
- Community engagement projects
- Employment preparation skills
- Navigating the Canadian labour market
- Learn to develop the pathways toward meaningful careers
- Remote Delivery
- Newcomer women and female international students
- 19 to 45 years old
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must pass our program suitability interview
Contact Laraib Ashfaq at: