As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Certified Listeners Society is a not-for-profit organization built by a community of people dedicated to providing early-stage emotional support to anyone who needs it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are not a crisis helpline. We believe that by serving the masses to navigate the challenges of our lives, with early-stage and real-time Emotional Support interventions, we can help individuals make better mental health lifestyle choices to live better, happier, healthier lives.
Our mission is to provide Emotional Support to the masses, whenever they need it, one text message at a time. We do not wait for individuals to call us but rather go out of our way to find people online who need emotional support. We do so by using Google Ads to find and invite people to chat with us when they need emotional support.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Google Ads Volunteer will be a part of the team responsible for creating all Google Ad Copy that will bring our clients to our chat platform. We have over 250 add groups and need to create, manage and optimize over 750 different Google Add Copies.
- The role explains it all. If you know what we are talking about and want to be part of a team who values creativity and is changing the way people make mental health lifestyle choices for themselves and for generations to come, please reach out to us.
- You will set up your own schedule and commit to as much or little work as you can do. All we expect is that you provide quality work and meet your own deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping people in need is tremendously rewarding. Online emotional support is a unique opportunity to help others, while also developing and enhancing your own communication skills valuable in everyday personal and professional life.
- As part of our commitment to volunteers, a Reference Letter and confirmation of volunteering experience are provided upon request to individuals who have fulfilled the specified requirements previously stated. Certified Listeners Society is only able to attest to a volunteer’s skills experience and personal qualities.
- Certified Listeners Society is committed to volunteering equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Certified Listeners Society will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role, please send us an email to email@example.com letting us know your experience with Google Ads Copy and how are you willing to support our organization.