As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Are you a Mohawk student who knows what’s up? Are you looking for a chance to practice your leadership skills and support new students joining us this fall? Apply now to be a First Year Experience (FYE) Leader!
FYE Leaders will:
- Welcome new students to Mohawk College
- Share their Mohawk experience, including tips & tricks for first-year success
- Help build our virtual campus community by co-hosting weekly virtual hangouts
- Support Student Life and Language and Culture Centre events and programs
- Receive virtual training in leading teams, mentorship, Mohawk success resources, and more
To be eligible, students must:
- Be in semester 2 or above in fall 2021
- Be available to mentor students and support the program 5-10 hours/week starting July 26, 2021
- Be able to commit to a four-month work period (July 26 - November 26, 2021)
- Be a cool cat
*This is a paid student leader role at a rate of $14.25/hour for 5-10 hours/week depending on the time of year. The work period is July 26th – November 26th 2021, with the possibility of return in Winter 2022.
Applications are due Wednesday, June 23 at 11:59 pm.