As a result of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, all college events and facility rentals on and off campus are cancelled until further notice. Information regarding events can be found at our Mohawk College COVID-19 information website and will be updated frequently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
Start2Finish Club coaches have a significant role to encourage students on a weekly basis for positive change physically, mentally, and emotionally through fitness and literacy. Coaches help to build confidence and motivate students to achieve success, stay in school, and build lasting friendships with peers and mentors.
- 30-40 minute sessions 2x/week in small virtual “hubs” afterschool between 4-5:30pm
- October to May
- 8-10 participants; 2-4 volunteer coaches
- Sessions include fitness, literacy & mentoring activities, with emphasis on Social Emotional Learning
- Use an easy-to-use virtual platform to facilitate programming
- Take attendance and follow up with club director weekly
- 2 hours once a week for 32 weeks, at the school (Oct-Jun) - start dependent on when schools allow in-person programming to resume
- Physical activity (running, aerobics, games)
- “Word of the Day” Social Emotional Learning component
- Reading/literacy support individually and in small groups
- Connect with families for check-ins and updates through phone calls and/or email
- Update parents on important program information, relay any messages from HO and/or the Club Director
- Inquire about absences
- Connect with the Club Director for any and all important communicative updates
- Guardian liaison could also be a team lead, or club director
- Make a difference & give back in your local community during challenging times
- Develop new skills
- Gain a rewarding experience
- Complete placement or volunteer hours
- Gain relevant work experience
- Have fun!
If you are interested, please apply on our volunteer portal:
If you have any questions, please email Anna Giesbrecht