A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
- What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
- How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
- Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
It's Your College, Your Voice, Your Turn!
Every year the Mohawk College Board of Governors seeks a Student Representative to sit on the Board to bring their unique insight and experience to the group.
- All candidates must be in good academic standing
- Must be a registered student in a program/course for Fall 2022 term
- Must be available for the full term from September 2022 - April 2023
In addition, candidates should possess the necessary skills to participate in policy formation, debate and discuss issues openly and fairly, determine strategic direction and set goals, assess projects and proposals, and to contribute ideas and suggestions, etc.
Upon application, students will be screened and selected for an interview in June 2022. The successful candidate will be onboarded in August, and the first Board meeting will be in September 2022.
Board meetings will be held at various times throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Representative position, please contact MSA President Ashik Ashik to express your interest.