A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
- What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
- How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
- Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
All volunteer positions listed are eligible for credit on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). To learn more, visit www.mohawkcollege.ca/ccr
City Kidz Youth Mentor
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
Role: As a City Youth Mentor you will mentor and walk alongside our youth aged 12-16 during programs and activities.
· Participate in pick up and drop off youth before and after the program and supervise while on the bus.
· Act as a role model for the youth, building connection and relationship
· Participate in games and activities
· Lead small group of youth in topics as set out by City Youth Coordinator
· Help to organize the youth as the event unfolds
· Clean up
· Additional opportunities to lead large group discussions may be offered (but not required)
· A passion for youth ages 12-16 to overcome barriers in their life and to dream big dreams
· An intention to create a connection with the youth
· Must be responsible and a good role model
· Patience and flexibility
· Must understand our organization values.
· Able to follow all CityKidz policies and procedures
1-5 hours per week.
For more information, please contact Tracey Veldhuis.