A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
- What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
- How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
- Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
All volunteer positions listed are eligible for credit on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). To learn more, visit www.mohawkcollege.ca/ccr
Bazaar Coordinator Volunteer
Volunteers needed to help out at the Thorncliffe Park Women's Committee for setup and overseeing of the Thorncliffe Community Market, which will take place every Friday, starting on September 22, 2023 and ending on October 13, 2023 (Volunteers may choose which days to come if not every week).
The location will be at R.V Burgess Park (46 Thorncliffe Park Dr.), behind Thorncliffe Park Elementary School, from 2:30 P.M (or around 3:30 P.M if more available at that time) - 9:00 P.M. Later times can also be discussed with the supervisor via the email or number stated.
- Setup of tables, chairs and tents
- Oversee the visitors of the park and complete any other task the supervisor may ask you to do (eg. setup yellow tape for outdoor cooking, etc.)
- Packing up of tables, chairs and tents
1-5 hours of commitment.
For more information, please contact Sabina Ali.