A positive volunteer experience is our first priority. Whether you are volunteering with Mohawk or a community group, we encourage you to do your due diligence and ask the following questions before getting involved:
- What health and safety protocols, including any COVID-19 related protocols, are put in place to protect volunteers?
- How will I receive training for this volunteer role?
- Who will be my direct supervisor? Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns and my supervisor is unavailable?
Disclaimer: External organizations listed on this site are not always affiliated with Mohawk College. Volunteers should visit community organization websites to learn more about them. Volunteers should never send money or banking information to these organizations.
All volunteer positions listed are eligible for credit on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). To learn more, visit www.mohawkcollege.ca/ccr
Jill of All Trades Volunteer
Hello Potential Jill of all Trades Volunteer!
Mohawk College is excited to announce our FIRST ever Jill of all Trades event at our Stoney Creek campus happening on Thursday, October 12th, 2023.
We would LOVE for you to join us as a volunteer for this event – over 120 young women in high school will be joining us to experience 3 skilled trades workshops from a selection of our 12 featured skilled trades workshops.
We are looking for volunteers to be help provide energy and excitement in the following areas:
- Floaters are volunteers who help with the Candy Bar, registration, handing out t-shirts, toe caps, safety equipment and being available throughout the day to help where necessary.
- Mentors (Our trusted Industry partners) would be located at one of the workshop areas for the day and would help our faculty and young adults in the completion of their take-home project or on-site activity. I will do my very best to match each of your areas of work with the workshop you’d be helping in. Please be sure to include the trade that you currently work within so that I know where you might like to be.
We would like floaters and mentors to be comfortable with creating a friendly and optimistic environment for these young women all day. Essentially, put your happy faces on and prepare for a great day of mentorship and fun!
Time commitment - 7:30am until 4:00pm on October 12th – assisting with setup and take-down, and assigned volunteer roles during the day.
Parking on campus will be free (so you don’t need to worry about that)
Refreshments will be provided in the form of a light breakfast, snacks and lunch. We encourage all volunteers to bring a water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the duration of the day.
Training dates will be sent shortly with more information about the event and your volunteer role.
Thursday October 12th - 7:30am-4:00pm
For more information, please contact Tyler Sinke or Louise Stallings.