Special Olympics Hamilton (SOH) is a volunteer driven organization with 300+ registered athletes that range in age from 8-80 and compete in 18 core sports. Every facet of SOH's programs from administration to coaching are run by volunteers who take pride in knowing they're providing athletes with intellectual disabilities an opportunity to experience the excitement, joy and personal fulfillment associated with participating in sport in Hamilton.
SOH is currently looking for volunteers to assist with their weekly programming:
- Sundays 10 Pin Bowling 2:00 - 4:00 pm (ThunderAlly - downtown)
- Mondays Floor Hockey 6:00 - 7:30 pm (Sherwood Secondary School)
- Mondays Rhythmic Gymnastics 6:00-8:00 pm (Helen Detwiler)
- Wednesdays Basketball 6:00 - 7:40 pm (Sherwood Secondary School)
- Wednesdays Basketball 8:00 - 9:30 pm (Pauline Johnson)
- Fridays Swimming 7:00 - 8:00 pm (Hillpark Recreation Centre)
- Assist athletes to participate in sports and engage in the Hamilton community
- Provide the athletes with support, encouragement and guidance
- Have fun!
- Sensitive to the needs of people with disabilities
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- 2 references
- Current Police Check (completed within the last 12 months) - must include a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (see application for details)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Give back to the community
- Meet new people
- Receive orientation and training while you develop new skills
- Build your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Campus to Community is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and welcomes volunteers of all abilities.
If you are interested in supporting the development of Hamilton's Special Olympians, please complete this application form: SOH Volunteer Application