The Hamilton Brain Injury Association (HBIA) and Campus to Community are looking for volunteers to visit local elementary schools to present the Bikes Blades and Boards (BBB) curriculum. BBB is an interactive 60 minute presentation designed to educate students in grades 1-3 about the importance of road safety and brain injury prevention measures.
- An interest in developing your public speaking skills (all volunteers will be provided with training prior to facilitating their first session)
- The ability to work with school-aged children (ages 6-9)
- Completion of a police check
During each session, facilitators will:
- Review a handout with basic information on the lobes of the brain.
- Articulate the components of helmet safety and the 2-V-1 rule
- Play a short informational video
- Complete a *cauliflower drop* to educate the students on how a helmet helps to protect the brain.
- Administer a post-test to students regarding the information learned
- Give back to the community
- Meet new people
- Receive orientation and training while you develop leadership skills
- Build your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Time commitment: 5-10 hours between February - June 2020
For more information, please email: Katie George at email@example.com