Help keep your fellow students informed about the changes coming to Mohawk’s learning management system (LMS). Starting May 2020, all courses will be provided through MyCanvas.
eLearn is closing April 20, 2020.
• Answering student questions or directing them to the library/IT help desk as needed
• Handing out postcards/checklist students can use to prepare for eLearn closing
• Telling students about the contest they can enter to win $500 Amazon gift card or weekly prizes
• Giving away Mohawk branded swag to students who stop by
Estimated time commitment: 1 hour/week for the month of March (Campus common hours or other agreed upon time)
A voucher of Pizza and Pop will be given to each volunteer that signs up.
Interested in volunteering for the Canadian Blood Services? As a volunteer, you will be helping to promote and recruit students for the upcoming Blood Donation Drive on March 5 (10a-3p) in the DBARC building.
We have 4 planned outreach dates on:
Wednesday February 26 | 11:00 – 2:00
Monday March 2 | 11:00 - 2:00
Wednesday March 4 | 11:00 – 2:00
Accessible Learning Services is hosting our annual Accessibility Awareness Day on Tuesday, March 10th to promote services and supports for accessibility around the Mohawk College campus and the greater Hamilton community.
Our theme this year is, "From Disability, to Different Ability." We are looking for 5 student volunteers to support this event from 9am-3pm.
Volunteer with the Centre for Climate Change Management to support the Bay Area Climate Change Council (BACCC) Forum on February 25th.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to help with the Climate Change Forum. This event is open to the public and is being hosted at Mohawk College's Fennell Campus on February 25th from 5 - 9 pm. We will require support with event set up and tear down, workshop note taking, campus directions and more!
During the event you will hear from city councilors, BACCC members, and Dr. Mark Jaccard, author of The Citizen’s Guide to Climate Success. Volunteer training and dinner during the event will be provided.
The Be Well Do Well Peer Mentor Program is a peer based mentoring program which connects peer mentors with students with mental health issues. The goals of the Program are to support students in creating and maintaining their wellness and academic success and to create connections, conversations and a supportive and resilient college community.
We believe that there are many benefits to being a peer mentee. The most significant one is having the perspective of a peer. That is a powerful and very meaningful perspective. We believe you will also benefit from:
- peer support to help you to overcome barriers, achieve success, and build resiliency
- connecting with a supportive and a non- judgmental person
- getting support and a different perspective from a mentor when exploring options and goals
- trying new approaches and skills in a safe relationship
- getting practical information about how to maintain wellness
- learning how to access college and community resources
- getting support through life transitions
- increasing self-awareness and confidence
As a note, to be a mentee within the Be Well Do Well Peer Mentor program you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be available to meet with your Mentor either Monday’s or Tuesday’s between the hours of 8:30AM-4:30PM on the Fennell Campus
- You must be a full-time student at Mohawk College
- Students in the Social Service Worker (SSW) program are unfortunately not eligible to be a mentee as all of our mentors within the program are also SSW students at Mohawk College
Student Life is looking for volunteers to assist with the Mohawk College Walksmart Program.
Walksmart Volunteers promote a safe environment for our campus community by providing safe walks for students, staff and faculty to their cars, bus stop or house in the surrounding area of the campus.
Volunteers must be able to commit to regular shifts per week to ensure consistency in service and to the individuals they walk.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org